After last month’s chaos of Samuel Eto’o being suspended from his Turkish club Antalyaspor, he is now in a much more calm place. His suspension has been uplifted, and he was part of the squad that faced Galatasaray yesterday Sunday.
Last month Samuel Eto’o wrote a controversial post on his Instagram, which allegedly accused the club leadership of racism.
“Perhaps some people do not feel respect for me because I am black.”
Eto’o later made a second post denying the criticism was aimed at Antalyaspor chairman Ali Safak Ozturk, who had criticised Eto’o for his performances earlier in the season. Ozturk said at the time, “no player is above the interests of Antalyaspor. Everyone must know their place.”
Eto’o called Ozturk his “brother” in his second Instagram post, adding that the Turkish people had supported him “wholeheartedly”.
“My message was to a person who criticises me unjustly for years and while he continues his criticisms, I kept winning trophies,” Eto’o wrote, with the Turkish club stating Eto’o would have a separate training programme until his case was heard by their executive board.
The Turkish club issued a statement stating Samuel Eto’o would have a separate training programme until his case was heard by their executive board. Fortunately for him, the issue is now resolved.
Antalyaspor chairman Ali Safak Ozturk said Eto’o regrets what happened, and says it wasn’t meant at the club leadership. However, he has been warned and he is expected to be of good conduct.
“We hope he will behave more carefully in the future and make a positive contribution to the team,” Ozturk announced during a meeting with the squad.
Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in