Please don’t miss this golden opportunity. Apply for the 2017 Queen’s Young Leaders Programme which is now open to all commonwealth nations. The Queen’s Young Leaders Programme has as objectives to discover, celebrate and support exceptional young people from across the commonwealth nations. This automatically leaves a lasting legacy for Her Majesty The Queen.
The bottom-line of this life changing programme is to ensure that:
- Young people are better qualified to secure employment and apprenticeship or create sustainable enterprises.
- Young people are able to effectively express their needs and aspirations in order to influence decision makers.
- Clear evidence is collected that demonstrates the unique contribution young leaders make in improving society.
This programme has two phases an AWARD Scheme and a GRANTS scheme respectively.
The Queen’s Young Leader Award recognises and celebrates exceptional people aged 18-29 from across the Commonwealth, who are taking the lead in their communities and using their skills to transform lives. Winners of this prestigious Award will receive a unique package of training, mentoring and networking, including a one-week residential programme in the UK during which they will collect their Award from Her Majesty The Queen.
Queen’s Young Leaders Grants will be made to organizations in selected Commonwealth countries that can show they are improving the lives of young people. Our vision is to provide opportunities for young people to learn new skills enter employment and give them a voice in their communities
The Award Scheme
Each application/nomination must meet the following criteria
- Applicants need to have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievement.
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 29.
- Applicants must be citizens of and working in a commonwealth country or citizens of an oversea territories (of a commonwealth member)
- Applicants need to demonstrate evidence if their leadership qualities
- All applicants need to be supported by a suitable referee (a professional in one of the following occupations; a teacher or counselor, a registered physician or a nurse, a church or community leader, social worker or family services or business leader) .Referees must not be related to you
Priority will be given to individual who have overcome challenges to achieve their goal.
THE GRANTS SCHEME
- Grants is only open to selected organization in 6 countries across the commonwealth (Bangladesh, Jamaica, sierra Leone, Solomon Island, UK and Zambia)
- Project must be led by, or focus on young people which provide opportunities for young people to learn new skills, enter employment or enterprise, or have a say in decision affecting their future. Each project should place young people at the heart of their communities, working with them to help solve the issue that affects their lives.
Winners of this prestigious award will receive a unique package of training, mentoring and networking, including a one-week residential programme in the UK during which they will collect their award from Her Majesty The Queen.