Mark Zuckerberg visits Nigeria! This is his first ever trip to Nigeria and the Sub-Saharan Africa! Africa is the next gold mine, don’t be surprised to start seeing giant tech companies relocating to Africa. Africa is worth it! Nigeria is noted for its vibrant tech startups whereas Cameroons Buea not long ago was proclaimed the new home of innovation by BBC .
Facebook’s founder is presently in Lagos looking forward to seeing how Facebook can be improved in Nigeria so as to support business and tech development in Africa in general. He met today with some key players at the Co-creation Hub Nigeria (CcHUB) in Yaba where he talked to kids at a summer coding camp and entrepreneurs who come to CcHub to build and launch their apps.
Mark Zuckerberg wrote on his Facebook page: “Lagos! This is my first trip to sub-Saharan Africa. I’ll be meeting with developers and entrepreneurs, and learning about the startup ecosystem in Nigeria. The energy here is amazing and I’m excited to learn as much as I can.
Notwithstanding, Nigerians have always been a set of smart people. They seized this golden opportunity to learn from this great entrepreneur. They were fortunate to learn and get inspired during questions and answers session with the billionaire. Below are the wise and motivational words uttered by Zuckerberg when he met with the techies at CcHUB, that every entrepreneur must keep in mind.
- Move fast and break things. Unless you are breaking stuff, you are not moving fast enough.”
- People don’t care about what you say; they care about what you build or do.
- Actions speak louder than words. You cannot keep mouthing off with no evidence to show for it. Take time to build; invest in the foundation of your building, your systems, your relationships. A house built upon the sand will crumble.
- The biggest risk is not taking any risk.
- We don’t build services to make money; we make money to build better services. Perspective. Perspective. Perspective. Think, why do you do what you do? Why are you in business? To make profit, to solve problems, make a difference, what? Let your motive be right.
- We look for people who are passionate about something. In a way, it almost doesn’t matter what you’re passionate about. Passion is the fuel that drives the mission. Find your passion and plug it into something.
- You are better off trying something and having it not work and learning from that than not doing anything at all.
- Loose the fear of failure. It’s a noose around your neck. Don’t be afraid to lay your hands on something new. You can never tell what it stands to become in the nearest future.
Mark Zuckerberg visits to Nigeria, is a clear sign that Nigeria is doing great as far as Tech Innovation is concerned. Moreover, his words of motivation will probably inspire a lot of tech founders and startups. As an entrepreneur, I am convinced the above words from Facebook’s founder will make you redefine and inspire you to achieve your goals.
Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in