Accra Brewery investing in a growing world
Accra Brewery Limited (ABL) has donated 20 cartons of each of the brands it produces towards the 33rd National Farmers Day celebration. Brands in the package comprised CLUB Premium Lager, CLUB Shandy, Eagle Lager, Castle Milk Stout, Chairman Bitters, and non-alcoholic beverage, Beta Malt. This reinforces the company’s promise to investing in a Growing World where everyone has the chance to advance their livelihood.
President Kagame and Tony Elumelu to lead Young Entrepreneurship Day
The Young Entrepreneurship Day (YED) at the Africa 2017 Forum, has been designed to connect some of Africa’s most promising entrepreneurs. The likes of HE Paul Kagame, President of Rwanda and Tony Elumelu, Founder of the $100m Entrepreneurship Programme will be headlining the event. They will both be sharing insightful information on entrepreneurship from their perspectives.
Politicians steal U.S. $50 billion yearly from Africa, Obasanjo alleges
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo during the maiden yearly anti-fraud conference in Nigeria lamented about smuggling and fraud in the continent. In effect, he said that over $50 billion is being stolen and smuggled from Africa to other countries yearly by political leaders and businessmen as well as other key players in both public and private sectors.
Artisanal gold miners stormed the four gold mines discovered at Eséka
Foreign and local gold miners have been storming Eséka recently, a district in central Cameroon since three months. This is due to the discovery of four gold mines in the locality. It is estimated that about one thousand artisanal miners invaded the mines. However, local authorities took some measures to prohibit artisanal mining and encourage the public to form Common Initiative Groups for an efficient mining.
Vodafone Cameroon ceases operations
Some three months ago, the internet telecom firm announced it will extend its services to rest of the country. Internet users felt excited as they will benefit from its quality service. Until recently, that excitement turned into sadness. The company concluded they were no longer commercially feasible to recommence services in Cameroon. This decision didn’t come as a surprise at all.
Vodafone has suffered from various obscurities they faced at the start. Their license was withdrawn, their services suspended, then blackouts. After a fierce court case against the telco, Vodafone decided it was time to call it quit in Cameroon. They apologize to customers as they roll out.
Heavy militarization of Bamenda following death of two gendarme officers
Both David Salle and Rene Hinma, gendarme officers stationed in Bamenda were fatally murdered in the town recently. The murderers who are on the run are alledged to be “Anglophone activists”. Meanwhile in the main time, orders have been issued by the administration to heavily militarize the chief town and capital of the North West Region.
Uber loses court appeal against drivers’ rights
The Employment Tribunal upheld its original decision that any Uber driver who had the Uber app switched on was working for the company under a “worker” contract. But the Taxi-hailing app firm Uber would not abide. In effect, they lost the appeal against a ruling that its drivers should be treated as workers rather than self-employed. Due to this, Uber has faced regulatory and legal setbacks in a host of cities around the world. For instance, in London, where it has the bulk of its business, it is fighting to retain its license to continue operating.
World’s biggest shipping company counts cost of cyberattack
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) — The world’s biggest shipping company has reported to have lost $1.5 billion from a profit of $429 million a year earlier. In that light, the company which also produces oil, said the cyberattack in June, which mainly affected its shipping unit, Maersk Line, cost the company between $250 million and $300 million.
- Vodafone Cameroon ceases operations
- Elastic acquires search startup Swiftype
- Google begins Launchpad Bootcamp in Nigeria
- African hospitals go digital with NoSQL and Mobile Tech
- Online real estate startup ToLet acquires Jumia House Nigeria to create PropertyPro.Ng
- MEST, Airbus and Microsoft expand in Africa, while Afrostream shutters
- Uber CEO says company plans to go public in 2019
- Twitter suspends blue check mark verifications
- Alibaba Singles Day sales hit $1 billion in just 2 minutes
- Amazon’s India rival is making a smartphone
- Google says hackers steal almost 250,000 logins each week
- Make a date with Cameroon’s largest gathering of techies and developers during the Silicon Mountain Conference (SMConf) on November 18, 2017 at Chariot Hotel, Buea.
- Have a fun weekend at IYA Artist Sessions with Olgha Nk. The event takes place on 27 November 2017 at The Iya Restaurant Buea
- Get ready to shop and dine at the Glam- queen boutique Buea. Showcase of exclusive items will take place on the December 9, 2017 .
- Be a part of the Cross River State global summit on climate change and green Event begins from Monday April, 9 2017 in Nigeria.
- The Republic of Ghana’s Ministry of Communications is hosting the Tech in Ghana Conference – Accra. Join them on the 21 & 22 of November 2017.
- Join the Architecting with Google Cloud Platform: Design and Process, London. A two-day ( January 18- 19 January 2017) instructor-led class.
- Attend the 2nd Annual Security and Risk Management Symposium. Event takes place in Pennsylvania-United States on December 14 , 2017.
- Trade with Africa Business Summit 2018 on the 10 & 11 of May 2018 in Bentonville – America
- A Mobile App Marketing manager is needed at Dot Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- GiftedMom Careers (Bamenda) is in search of a Field and Data Officer. Application lines are open.
- Work as an Administrative assistant at the African Bank Group in Cote D’Ivoire. Application deadline is the 16th of November 2017.
- Serve as a Youth Technical Advisor to support the COP and project management team Congo. Application deadline is 27th of November 2017.
- The World Bank Group in Washington DC seeks to hire an accounting officer. Closing date for application is 27 November 2017.
- The World Bank Group in Bogota – Columbia is searching for an office assistant/receptionist. Applications end on the 23rd of November 2017.
- The Google launchpad Africa acceleration 2018 for African startups (Fully funded to Google Hq Silicon valley) is open for registration as from now and closes on the 11th of December 2017.
- Mandela institute of development studies is calling for application from individuals or cooperate consultants to update workshop content for the Minds Regional Training Workshops On Elections And Governance. Submission deadline is Thursday 30 November 2017.
- Enroll into the Yale African Scholars (YYAS) program 2018 for African secondary schools (Funded). Deadline for Application is February 6th
- Apply for the United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) communications and social media internship 2018 for young people – Turin, Italy. Application closes on 24th November 2017.
- Get involved in the Bank of Uganda Internship Programme 2018 organized for young Ugandans. Deadline for application is 30th of November 2017.
- Join the BBC World Service International Play writing competition 2018 (win £ 2,200 sterling and funded trip to London). Application deadline is 30th of January 2018.
- How One Entrepreneur Turned $200 Into a Seven7-Figure Business Group
- 4 Common Reasons Your Startup Is Going to Fail
- 7 Mental Shifts That Allowed Me to Become a Millionaire at 22
- Every Entrepreneur Needs a Team of Mentors, and Not Just for Business
- 5 Things Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Risk-Taking
- Keys to Great Leadership from the Founder of a Popular Beverage Brand
- How the Memory of His Fallen Brothers Powers This Entrepreneur’s Passion
- Want Success? Help More, Judge Less.
Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in