GiftedMom may be your last bus stop if you have ever dreamed of working for a credible African startup that holds pregnant women in high esteem. Are you passionate about Communications; Community Management and Marketing? If so, then you are welcome to GiftedMom.
GiftedMom is a leading mobile health solutions provider in Africa. They leverage last mile technologies to provide pregnant women and new mothers access to health information and strengthen linkages to antenatal care.
Also, GiftedMom goes with a vision of ”A world free of maternal and infant deaths”
GiftedMom is an excellent tech startup that guarantees career growth, bespoke learning and development opportunities for its staff. Being their Chief Content Officer is all that GiftedMom is expected of you.
If you’re willing to impact this ever thriving startup with your meaningful contribution in the domain of Content Officer then go ahead and read below what your role will be.
The Chief Content Officer (CCO) oversees all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behaviour.
This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimisation, brand consistency, segmentation and localisation, analytics and meaningful measurement.
The position collaborates with the departments of medical, public relations, communications, marketing, customer service, IT and human resources to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer.
Ultimately, the job of the CCO is to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business. This includes:
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
- Supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Gathering data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioural metrics.
- Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Work with technical team to implement appropriate CMS.
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation.
- Participation in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
- Creation of a strategy for developing SMS/GIF/video outreach and advertising, apps, etc. as needed.
- Work closely with company’s designer and medical team on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
The CCO is measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects into the enterprise through the consistent development and deployment of content to each persona group. Success criteria include:
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels.
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action…i.e. conversions, subscription, purchase, etc.).
- Website and social media traffic growth.
- Conversion metrics definition and growth.
- Social media positive sentiment metrics.
- Customer feedback and survey data.
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in English/French/Journalism/Public Relations/Marketing and Communications or related communications field.
- Some experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, digital marketing, etc.).
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics.
- Bilingual (strong knowledge of French and English)
- Must have digital marketing knowledge.
– Being a mother and passionate about the work of GiftedMom is a plus.
The CCO requires a combination marketing and digital marketing mindset, with the most important aspect being to think “customer first”. In essence, the CCO is the corporate storyteller that must be empathetic toward the pain points of the customer. Specific skills required include:
- Proven editorial and digital marketing skills. Outstanding command of the English and French.
- The ability to lead and inspire large teams of creative personnel and content creators to achieve company’s stated goals.
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types
- Incredible people skills.
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweepi, etc.).
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation (Visio, PowerPoint)
- Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.
- Able to screen out sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story.
- Comfortable with acting as the company’s spokesman and advocate via media appearances, interviews, sales calls, trade shows, etc.
You can’t learn how to swim by reading a book. Give it a try. Apply Now!EN FR