The entrepreneurial road is not an easy one which you can walk through on your own. You need entrepreneurial advice from those who have been there and made it. Here are 10 motivational quotes from some of Africa’s richest entrepreneurs. You’re the pilot of your life, and therefore need to fly yourself from where you are.
- If you don’t have ambition, you shouldn’t be alive. – Aliko Dangote
- Every morning when I wake up, I make up my mind to solve many problems before retiring home. – Aliko Dangote
- As you start out in life, it is important that you know at least something about everything, but as you get older it is important that you know everything about something. – Johann Rupert
- I think there are a lot of people with family connections but who are actually nowhere. If you are hardworking and determined, you will make it and that’s the bottom line. I don’t believe in an easy way through. – Isabel Dos Santos
- One has to set high standards… I can never be happy with a mediocre performance. – Patrice Motsepe
- Failure is a good thing – Hakeem Belo-Osagie
- It’s essential to draw up a “things to do” list on a daily basis and set priorities in executing them, making sure that any unfinished task gets posted to the next day’s list. – Folorunsho Alakija
- I grew up in poverty, but I always saw it as a challenge. The good thing is that you can surmount a challenge if you are willing to pay the price. The price is hard work. – Reginald Mengi
- People in Tanzania look at my wealth and think I must be sunbathing and playing golf all day. But I work really hard. I put in a hundred hours a week. It’s a never stopped game. You can never say I’ve worked hard enough now. – Mohammed Dewji
- Entrepreneurship without skills limits your growth potential – Strive Masiyiwa
The opportunities are there for everyone, and for every field. All you need is a little innovation. The above entrepreneurial advice should be a great guide for every young entrepreneur. However, it’s necessary to gather other business and entrepreneurial skills that will help you along your way. You might end up part of Forbes’ list of Africa’s richest entrepreneurs.