Dubai invests $2.77m in Africa to sponsor bilateral trade
President and CEO of the Dubai Chamber and industry, Hamad Buamim says it has invested about $2.77 million in Africa to raise awareness of trade and investment opportunities, and to promote Dubai as an attractive business hub for companies on the continent. The chamber has effortlessly organized activities which have given a major boost to UAE-Africa trade ties by facilitating cooperation between businesses and investors on both sides.
Isabel dos Santos is the only African on Forbes 2017 ‘100 most powerful women’
The 44-year-old is the only African to make it to Forbes magazine’s ranking of the top 100 women for this year. Africa’s richest woman and daughter of the immediate past Angolan leader, Isabel dos Santos is the 74th most powerful woman in the world. Isabel who is currently head of the national oil firm, Sonangol, is believed to be worth $3.4bn as of November 2017.
Violence in South African province as ANC pressure rise
A battle for control is raging ahead of the African National Congress to choose a new leader, when President Jacob Zuma steps down as ANC chief in December. In the South African province of KwaZulu-Natal, at least 40 people have been killed. Violence has spread across the province on the country’s east coast. However, much of the killing can be traced back to hitmen hired from the notorious Glebelands complex of hostels in the provincial capital Durban World.
Cameroon’s government gives telecom operators 6 months to improve their services
Cameroon’s minister of post and telecommunication (Minpostel), Minette Libom Li Likeng, has made public the fact that, the telecom operators in Cameroon have been rendering poor services for the past years.
These operators include: MTN Cameroon, Orange Cameroon, Nexttel and Camtel. The audit which was conducted by the Swiss Cybercom Group revealed so many shortcomings possessed by the telecom operators. Due to this, the minister shuns them to fix the issue in 6 months time.
Camair-Co restores its international flight services
With the start of these new flights, we can clearly see signs of the success of CAMAIR-CO’s recovery plan. The airline plans for the following activities to be carried out; the repayment of CAMAIR-CO’s debt estimated at CFA35 billion approximately, the injection of CFA60 billion by the government, the extension of the network to 23 destinations, mainly domestic at first then regional and international.
Cameroon Court Sentences Opposition Leader to 25 Years in Prison
Aboubakar Siddiki was arrested in 2014, accused of plotting to destabilise President Paul Biya’s government. No credible evidence was presented to the court to convict him. However, on Monday 30, October 2017 he was sentenced to 25 years in prison. His lawyer and Amnesty International denounced the trial as politically motivated.
Apple shares strike record as iPhone X launches
The launch coincided with strong results for Apple, with sales increasing by 12% to $52.6bn (£40bn) for the three months to September. Analysts said Apple was now closer to becoming the first trillion dollar company, as shares rose by 2%. It sold more than 46.6 million phones in the July to September period, up 3% year-on-year. That produced $28.8bn, or more than half of its revenue.
Twitter employee ‘deactivated’ Trump’s account
Catalonians Protests over ex-ministers detention
Catalans began a protest against the detention of eight regional ministers who were sacked over Catalonia’s push for independence from Spain. Prosecutors are also seeking a European Arrest Warrant for ousted Catalan leader Carles Puigdemont, who did not show up in court and is now in Belgium.The officials who appeared in Spain’s high court are accused of rebellion, sedition and misuse of public funds.
- Truecaller launches SDK programme in Nigeria and has come to stay
- Lola Kassim is new general manager for Uber West Africa
- SA insurtech startup Naked raises $1.4m
- Zambia’s Zazu raises $218K in crowdfunding campaign
- Broadcom plans record tech deal with Qualcomm bid
- Princeton, Microsoft Sue U.S. in Bid to Save ‘Dreamers’ Program
- Adobe and Microsoft expand partnership with Adobe Experience Manager and Dynamics 365 integration
- Facebook admits up to 270m users are fake and duplicate accounts
- Be a part of Net Impact Buea Professional Chapter Food Solutions Challenge at kawah street Bomaka (Wed, November 8, 2017) and become a champion winner of $5000.
- Make a date with Cameroon’s largest gathering of techies and developers during the Silicon Mountain Conference (SMConf) on November 18, 2017 at Chariot Hotel, Buea
- Take part in the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate Training Bootcamp on the 15th of November – 14th of December in Bepanda-douala. Event is organized by Ngeuti It Solutions
- PyCon Cameroon is organizing a Python programming conference scheduled to take place in Hotel Scandinavia, Limbe, South West on January 24 -28, 2018.
- The West Africa Convergence Conference 2017, organized by by Knowhow Media and Market Intelligence International Ltd . The event holds On Wednesday November 29, at the Sheraton Lagos Hotel. Be a part of it.
- Develop engineering skills at the IIHT – CCNA (NETWORKING), WEB DESIGN & WEB DEVELOPMENT, A+(HARDWARE MAINTENANCE) Training program at Lagos Nigeria on November 14 .
- Be a part of the PyData New York 2017; a forum for the international community of users and developers of data analysis tools. The event shall be hosted by Microsoft on November 27-30 2017.
- Join the 2017 Tech Bloc Rally@Rackspace to meet iconic tech founders. The event will be taking place at San Antonio USA, on November 9 2017
- Get a job as a Human Resource Assistant at Courtney- Douala
- Become a Butler at the British High Commission Yaoundé. Application deadline is the 13 November 2017.
- The post of General Manager is currently available at Oscar Romero School, Liberia. Application closes on 30th November 2017.
- The WVI – Malawi Global Fund program seeks to hire a District Warehouse Supervisor. Application ends on the 4th of November 2017.
- Work as Head of Communications for an international organization called Lumos which is found in central London. Application is set to end on the 15th of November.
- The bank of Uganda has organized an internship program for young Ugandans coming 2018. Become a part of it and gain insight on technical and administrative implementation of central banking programmes.
- Government of Kenya presidential digital talent programme 2017/2018 (12 months ICT program for Kenyan graduates) has been launched. Application deadline is November 10, 2017.
- Sage foundation’s enterprise fund 2018 for non profits worldwide ($ 500, 000 in grants) . Application closes on the 28 of November. Apply now
- Apply for the Turkiye scholarships graduate program 2018 for Master and PhD studies in Turkey (Fully funded). Application deadline is November 30th
- Music Omi international has launched a music residency program 2018 for musicians, composers and performance. The program is open to every talent around the globe. The latest day to apply is January 2nd
- How This Entrepreneur Built a Digital Strategy to Save His Business
- She Isn’t Afraid to Get Dirty for Her Family’s Million-Dollar Business
- He Went From Dead Broke to Millionaire Because He Just Wouldn’t Quit
- The Surest Path to Success Is Owning Your Mistakes and Realizing That Your Career Path Will Not Be a Straight Line
- Why Entrepreneurs Should Question Everything and Everyone, Even the Experts
- How Marie Tillman Overcame Personal Tragedy and Emerged as a Resilient Entrepreneur
- This Entrepreneur Shares the Lesson Every Founder Must Learn to Be a Powerful Leader