NeXttel has taken a keen initiative to support and promote entrepreneurship in Cameroon. The telecommunication operator has recently discovered the importance of Tech startups in the tech ecosystem of Cameroon and considered encouraging a few young people, by launching the NeXttel Startup Challenge. NeXttel Startup Challenge is a competition for startups, aimed at assisting duly registered Cameroonian startups with financial aids and necessary exposure.
Nexttel Startup Challenge was launched in December 20, 2016 and will run on to February 19, 2017. A financial allocation of 1 million FCFA for the first place and 500,000 FCFA each for the 2nd and 3rd place has been made. Also, the winners will present their projects at the “Promote” event in front of business leaders and thousands of visitors.
The Nexttel Startup Challenge is open to all startups based in Cameroon. The documents required for the exercise of these activities are (taxpayer card, business licence etc. ) The ideas/projects must be sent as from Tuesday 20 December 2016 via the competition website nsc.nexttel.cm and before 13 January 2017, deadline for applications.
Conduct of the competition
At the end of this first stage of project submission which runs from December 20, 2016, to January 13, 2017, the submitted projects will be examined by a jury which will have to retain the 06 best for the second round.
For the second stage, each of the 06 finalists selected by the Jury will have to present their projects to the Jury on a date that will be communicated to them in advance. At the end of the second round, the jury will have to designate three(03) winning projects.
Project Selection Criteria
- 1. Innovation.The project must be innovative, that is, it must bring a plus to the existing if not to be completely revolutionary.
- 2. Tested and proven.
- 3. The project must have an impact on a wide range of people (young students, employees) etc …
- 4. The project must be exploitable in the short term between 3 and 6 months.
- 5. The project must be circumcised in the field of ICT. Using as a medium telecom services (telephone, internet, big data etc …
- 6. The business plan submitted must be clear, precise, in the formats word (.doc, .docx), powerpoint (.ppt, .pptx) or pdf (.pdf) and must not exceed 10 pages.