Applications for the AfDB Development Evaluation Week 2016 Photo Contest are currently going on. The Evaluation Week will be held in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire from 07 to 11 November 2016.This photo contest is for those interested in development evaluation and have proven experience or an education in that area.
- To participate in the AfDB Development photo contest you need to be an African Development Bank regional member country national. Click here to see the various member countries.
- African Development Bank staff and their relatives are not eligible for this competition.
- The Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality, relevance for the theme of Evaluation Week 2016.
- Photos taken as part of an evaluation project and in one of the “High 5’ thematic areas will stand a higher chance.
- All photos are expected to be original, and never before published. Also, the photos will carry a 100 word write up about the photo, what it represents, especially in relation to development evaluation. Also, other details like location, date, the evaluation work for which the photo was taken, and the submitter need to be included.
- No more than two photos may be submitted by the same person.
- For a photo in which a person is clearly recognizable, the submitter must obtain a release form and send it in with the photo.
- All photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content are unacceptable.
- Photos submitted must be high-resolution photograph of at least 300 dpi at 3,000 pixels.
N:B when entering the photo contest, you retain the rights to your photos. But by entering the contest, you acknowledge that you are granting AfDB the right to use the photos in evaluation publications like Evaluation Matters, although full credit will always be given to you the author.
- The winners will receive a trophy and a certificate of Participation. However, the photos will be used in Evaluation Matters, the AfDB’s quarterly knowledge publication.
- The submitter of the best photo will receive a $1000 bursary to attend Evaluation Week in Cote d’Ivoire.
- The runner-up will receive a $750 bursary to attend Evaluation Week, and the second runner-up will receive a $500 bursary to attend Evaluation Week.
- The winners will be notified by the end of September and announced at AfDB Evaluation Week.
- However, submitted photos will be included in a photo exhibition during Evaluation Week.
To enter the 2016 Photo Contest, submit your photo along with a cover sheet indicating your name, affiliation, gender, nationality, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone/fax number (if available), and a note on how you learned about the contest.
Please note that submitted photos will not be returned and that any photo that does not follow the criteria specified above will be disqualified.
Bursaries will be paid in cash at the conference, and winners are expected to make their own arrangements to attend the conference
The deadline for submissions is midnight (Abidjan Time) on September 15, 2016. Submit your photos via email to email@example.com.