The Anzisha prize is the premier award for African entrepreneurs aged 15-22 who have developed and implemented innovative businesses or social ventures. Finalists travel to South Africa and share in over $75,000 in cash awards, as well as access to lifelong mentorship and support.
To be selected as one of our 12 Anzisha Fellows, your business or project will be judged on the following 5 criteria:
- Relevance: Has the young entrepreneur identified a clear business opportunity or social need in Africa?
- Effectiveness: Does the venture created by the young entrepreneur effectively respond to this relevant need or opportunity?
- Jobs Impact: Has the venture created any jobs to date and does it have the potential to create more jobs with support from Anzisha?
- Scalability: If the venture is a for-profit business, does it already earn revenues and does it have potential increase revenues with the support of Anzisha? If the venture is a not-for-profit enterprise, does it already reach beneficiaries and does it have the potential to reach many more beneficiaries with support from Anzisha?
- Leadership Potential: Does the young entrepreneur have clearly demonstrated leadership potential and an ability to inspire others? Can this potential be accelerated by being part of the African Leadership Academy community?
Value of the Fellowship- Additional investment of $8 000/ $10 000 in each fellow
- Monetary Reward of a shared amount of $75 000
- $2000 access to a world- renowned Entrepreneurial Leadership curriculum and training with the potential for further investment based on engagement and performance
- $2 500 worth of rewards from consulting and mentorship services
- $2000 worth of rewards from Global speaking events or Experts in Residence support
- $1000 worth of rewards from Regional Indabas across the continent
- $500 worth of equipment
Each fellow also gains access to the African Leadership Academy network.
Semi-finalists will be chosen on a rolling admissions basis, so get your application in early! If you have a very strong application, you could be visited very soon!
- 15 March 2016: Early Bird applications reviewed.
- 15 April 2016: Application Deadline.
- July/ August 2016: Semi-finalist due diligence visits and final selection.
- September 2016: Anzisha Prize Finalists for 2016 announced.
- November 2016: Anzisha Prize Week & Awards Ceremony.